Miss Freddye take a shot at 3 Questions & a Song on episode 020!
- If you could pick one album that you loved, and erase it from your memory and hear it again for the very first time, what album would it be?
- What is it about the Blues that keeps bringing you to the stage?
- It seems obvious there is some great Jazz artists influencing your sound. Do you have any early rock N roll artists who have influenced you in anyway? – asked by SKAR in episode 019
About the Song: Lady of the Blues
The song was written by a former minister out of WV. When Steve heard her nickname Lady of the Blues, he got to know Freddye and wrote the song. She says the song fits her to a T, and it is the Title track on her album.
About Miss Freddye
I started out in church at the age of 15, singing gospel. In 1995 started singing in the blues band “BMW”(Blues Music Works). In 2002 formed my own band, “Blue Faze”. Go on to open for Kelly Richie, Janvia Magness, Eden Brent, and Bettye LaVette.
Purchase Miss Freddye’s Album: Lady of the Blues
Follow her on Facebook
Three questions for SKÄR – Episode 019
- If you could design the perfect venue for SKAR to play in, what would it consist of?
- Can you tell me about the moment that SKÄR came together?
- What is the hardest piece of music that you’ve ever written? It can be hard because it was tough emotionally, cathartic, or even from a technical standpoint. Also, why was it hard. Asked by Patrick McElravy from 9 Stitch Method on Episode 18.
The Song: Build on Love
B.O.L. (Build On Love) It is in the classic hard rock power ballad style, a song about how no matter where you are in life, love seems to find you. It can break your heart but that helps you grow. So “Build On Love don’t you tear it down, Build On Love when it comes around”
Band Location: Sioux Falls, SD USA
Band Genre: Classic Hard Rock
SKÄR is a powerful 5pc classic hard rock band with strong lead vocals shared by our female lead vocalist and our drummer. We do play covers in our own style and we “SKARIFY” songs which means we take classic out of the box songs and update then with a new energy, we add a heavier crunch yet stay true to the original. released our first album “SKARIFIED” (Volume 1) in Sept. 2018 and are finishing up our second album tentatively called “Butterfly That Stings” with a late Sept./early Oct. release date.
Find SKAR Online
- Do you think it is more difficult to play to a track and have to create it ahead of time, than it would be to play live?
- If I was flipping through my Social Studies page and found a page with 9SM on it, what would that page in history be about?
- How in the ever-loving hell can you run around that stage, and sing like that?
The Song: Sleep
“Sleep” was a really fun song to write and record. It was the last song written for the album, and almost never came to be. Josh had a different song written originally he wanted to bring to the table to round out the album. He then said “oh I have this other idea, but it prob doesn’t fit with what we are doing”; as soon as I heard the riffs he had going I said “that’s it!!! That’s the final track!!!” The song has alot of cool melodic parts and alot of really heavy dissonant stuff that makes a great contrast in dynamic. Lyrically the song is ironic of it’s title: “Sleep”. Its about the lack there of, the stuff that comes flooding in your brain at night when the day has wound down and you just get stuck in your head stressing.
About 9 Stitch Method
Band Location: Pittsburgh, PA US
Band Genre: Alternative Metal
9 Stitch Method are a 2 piece alternative metal from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Combining their influences of alternative metal, deathcore, and mathcore; the band have been tearing it up on stages across the tri-state area with their unique brand of metal and stage antics, reaching as far down as Nashville, Tennessee. They recently signed to the Brutal Business Entertainment roster early 2019 and have just released their brand new album “Jaywalking Somnambulist”.
Find 9SM Online
Three questions for Vincenzo Grieco – Episode 017
- Can you tell me about the moment that you realized you wanted to play the guitar?
- You can pick 1 album that you’ve already heard to erase the memories of having heard it, and go back to listen to it like it’s the first time again. What would it be?
- When I was looking through his music and all the places he has played, what is the one thing that he just can’t live without when he is on the road? – asked by Bastion’s Wake in Episode 016
The Song: Misleading lights of town
“Misleading lights of town” is the title track from Vincenzo Grieco’s first album. It’s about a person who’s driving late at night in a big city, trying to escape from the sense of fear in his mind. While driving, he realizes that all the lights that he sees are not going to comfort him. The imaginary spider web inside his mind represents Vincenzo’s own phobia.
About Vincenzo Grieco
Band Location: Rome, Italy
Band Genre: Hard Rock
Vincenzo Grieco is a guitar player, musician and composer from Rome, Italy. After many years of musical experiences he decided to publish his first solo album. The song involves Piero Pierantozzi on drums, Marco Polizzi on bass, Emanuele Casali on Keyboards and Giorgio Lorito on vocals. Lyrics are written by Sara Facciolo, Vincenzo’s wife, who’s also a singer-songwriter herself.
Find Vincenzo Grieco Online
- If a band from SWPA was doing a mini-tour and would be coming through Baltimore, what advice would you give them?
- If there is an apocalyptic event and only one Night’s Edge song will survive along with a handful of people, which song do you think should survive and why?
- If you could pick any of the big tours you want to be on, which one would you pick to be on and why? – asked by Lou Lombardi on Episode 014
The Song: Edge of the World
Edge of the World is the second single from our debut album “Shades of Dusk” and is a good representation of the diverse sound that Night’s Edge brings. It’s a mix of chugging metal, gothic keys, and dancy drums that creates a very distinct atmosphere that is the band’s own.
Band biography If you threw a banger in a haunted house, NIGHT’S EDGE would be your entertainment for the evening. Gothic yet fun, the band combines 80’s arena rock with dance grooves and a punk attitude. NIGHT’S EDGE doesn’t sound like anybody else.
About Night’s Edge
Band Location: Baltimore, MD USA
Band Genre: Alternative Metal
NIGHT’S EDGE doesn’t look like anybody else either. The band performs covered in fluorescent glowing paint, adding a psychedelic, cyber-punk aesthetic to an already explosive live show. NIGHT’S EDGE owns the stage and the crowd’s attention.
“Shades of Dusk”, the debut album from NIGHT’S EDGE dropped on June 29, 2019. With songs ranging from horror-punk anthems to radio-ready dance tunes to dramatic gothic waltzes, the genre-spanning album is the band’s statement to the world that Night’s Edge is something completely different, and something really, really good.
Listen to the album. Dive into the aesthetic. Learn the words, come out to a show and —
Find Night’s Edge Online:
purchase: https://amzn.to/2SBY3uE | https://apple.co/2LsPP6A